Welcome!

This website was created in loving memory of, and to honor wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend, Mertalem Takele. Please enjoy reading her life story, dedications written about her by her family and friends, listening to her favorite selected mezmur, and a look at her glorious and celebrated life through video. Feel free to leave your comments and tributes throughout this website. For any questions, comments or concerns about this website or the Mistire Selassie Memorial Youth Mehaber, please email us at mistireselassie@gmail.com.

May God bless you and your family!

Made with love by Mertalem’s family.

Post navigation

12 comments for “Welcome!

1. Konjit A.Asfaw
    November 3, 2014 at 6:39 am

Good job.

2. Lydia
    November 3, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Rest in Peace. It is a note to express my sympathy at this lose. I understand how challenging it is and will be when something like this happens. Let Almighty God comfort the family.

3. Abbiy Gebrekristos
    November 5, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Psalms 1-3
    1 Blessed is the man/ Woman Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

2But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night.

3He/she shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season,
    Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.

You have brought forth fruit and good will to all you met. You have been blessed for that.

MirtAlem, you may not be with us physically, but you left such an indelible mark in everyone’s heart, you lives with us spiritually. I am honored to have met you and your family. We will all see you thru your wonderful daughters and the very gentle husband

Until we met in the Lord’s house:

4. Yonas Tesema & Family
    November 5, 2014 at 7:39 pm

We miss Kukuye very much. We truly believe and know she is by her Creator’s side surrounded by Angels. We love her so much and we will forever keep her in our hearts and our minds. Because of Kukuye we became part of the family.

May God rest her Soul.
    May GOD give Mekuye, Meron, Melat and family & friends the comfort and strength they need.

Yonas, Misrak, Tenbite, Kidist & Nebiyu

5. kebede & Sirgut
    November 5, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Rest in peace. We know you are in a better place. We LOVE you. We always do.

6. Lily Feleke
    November 6, 2014 at 5:37 am

Amazing soul, sister, and friend left as so soon. My dear sister and friend i miss you already. Rest in peace. Love you.

7. November 6, 2014 at 7:16 pm

To All:

It is hard to bear the death of Mertalem, especially for someone like me who advanced in age. At times I feel guilty and defeat; I ask myself, “Why young people die – when old people still alive?” Well, that is only from human perspective point of view, but God’s way is different – His way is beyond our capacity. I cried, and cried all in vain. Finally, I tried to express my feelings with the following verse in commemoration of my beautiful Mertalem Takela:

MertAlem Takela

Can anyone define her name?
    If I may try she is the best of the best
    Where shall we find her?
    At big field of garden
    That is where beautiful roses grow

Oh, she is fast runner
    No one dare to catch her
    She exited everyone with darken face

Now, everyone calls from all directions
    She will not come though
    Gone with determination
    The family’s heart left with pain

One last look – the gloom of September
    Was it yesterday that heard a loud bell at her church?
    Calming prayer by the priest
    And the honorable community remain with agony

Life is nothing – only a dream
    I personally cried deeply
    For this deceiving and cheater world
    With no merit

She smiled and gone; her fear of the Lord
    Pure and enduring forever
    God will not give us a rock that we cannot lift it
    We all need to pray for strength

Love and respect one another

Yeshi Gemaneh

ልክ እንደልጅ ነበርሽ።
    ደህና ሁኝ ምርጡ ዳግመኛ እስከማይሽ፤
    በአባታችን እቅፍ በዘላለም መንግሥት፤
    ሞትና መለየት ሃዘን በሌለበት፤
    እስከምንገናኝ አሁን ግን ለጊዜው
    በእንባ እንሠናበት።
    እግዚአብሔር የሃዘን ዳርቻ ያድርግልን። አድዬ፤ መኮንን፤ ሜሮንና ሜላት እህቶቿ ወንድሞቿ ዘመድ ወዳጆቿ፤ መላውም ቤተሰብ እግዚአብሄር ያጽናችሁ። እህታችንን ምርጥዓለምን መንገድም እውነትም ህይወትም የሆነው ጌታችንና መድሃኒታችን ኢየሱስ ክርስቶስ ነፍሷን በተድላ ገነት ያሳርፍልን። አሜን!!

9. Luenesh Belayneh
    November 7, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Very impressive poem Temet!. I knew you are talented but did not realize that you are so great.
    I think you said it all. God who is all knowing has planned it all out. His ways are not our ways.
    I personally regret that I did not get to see Mertalem when she was sick and was not able to attend the funeral due to the pain I have been suffering from, unable to tolerate sitting for long prevented me from travelling by plain for so many hrs. Before she passed I spoke to her on the phone few times. I was amazed at her faith. I could not say any thing further except for saying what Jesus said to the lady in the Bible ‘your faith has healed you’. I truly believed that she was going to be healed, When she told me the Dx I literally gasped but when I realized that she was not threatened by the Drs report rather stated boldly that’ Her God who has shown His love by giving His son; this is easy for Him.’. She did not want to hear any sympathy from any one.
    Mertalen has set the bar high;she endured the pain and the suffering with such grace to the degree that people around her forgot that she was sick .
    Lets all meditate on the word of God paticularly fitting for this sad moment is this verse in the Bible 1 Thes 4:13 ..But we would not have you ignorant ,brethern ,concerning them that fall asleep,that ye sorrow not,even as the rest,who have no hope…’ read the rest. For those who believe in Jesus surely will not die but fall asleep. If we believe in Him who rose from death removing the sting of death we will never die but fall asleep.
    Death has no power on those who believe in the Son of God who said that He is the truth, the way and the life.
    If we truly love God and Our sister Mertalem lets follow her path and we will see each other. It is a matter of time,
    Truly your sister Lulenesh Belayneh

10. Aberra Amossa
    November 8, 2014 at 7:09 am

As I write this it has been 42 days since Mirtiye went home to be with Lord. I feel her loss more keenly now.
    No one can outrun death. It will catch up to all of us eventually. But her death was so sudden, unexpected and was too early. She snatched from us!
    I never thought we would outlive our dear Mertalem, who passed from this life of uncertainty to the place she was assured to see – the beautiful shores of Heaven and the blessed face of the Master she lived for and served.
    I watched sister Mertalem before and after, suffer with dignity, with feisty humor, and with a gentle spirit ready to meet our Lord.
    We will never forget you and the whole world loves you!
    “So do not fear, for I am with you;
    Do not be dismayed , for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

11. November 8, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Lulinesh: Don’t regret, of course, you would have visited her had it not been beyond your capacity. Your health equally important; no health no life.
    I asked her if I could visit her and she said, “You will come when I recover.” Did she fail to keep her promise? No, it was beyond her scope of power. You see our ways is different than His way. Now, I feel like deleting everything written about “Mertalam” however, as far as I live I cannot delete the memory in my mind. For all of us: family, friends and for everyone who knows her the option is prayer to make us strong as iron.
    “I am the light of the world, says the Lord; whoever follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.” Jn 8:12

I wish you all to have a nice time.

My love and respect to all!

Yeahi

12. September 26, 2015 at 3:25 am

We Remember Mertalem in Prayer

Come, family and friends
    Gather all around flaming roses
    That is in commemoration of loved one

Time goes fast, not the event
    My thoughts still lingering
    Between believing and denial

We all have unique way to remember Mertalem
    Our departed precious one

She is no more here in appearance
    We all marveled the good time with thanks giving

Her good deeds, her love, her smile, her humbleness
    Remaining as fresh as newly planted garden flower

Here the bell goes on ringing again
    That is a sign of celebration

No more tears to shade
    We loudly in one voice:

“Our Father a Wonderful Shepherd –
    He who shall provide a better care, will look after her
    And strengthen the family as well”